Twice Baked Potatoes
Prep Time 30 minutes – Cook Time 30 minutes – Total Time 1 hour – 8 servings
Twice-baked potatoes are fresh and delicious with bacon and green onion! This is truly a family favorite and almost a meal by themselves. Who doesn’t love a twice-baked potato? They are so easy to make ahead of time. These have creamy sour cream and butter mashed potatoes topped with cheesy, bacon, and green onions. Twice Baked Potatoes are always the first side dish to go to BBQs and potlucks.
• 4 large baking potatoes (Yukon are my favorite)
• 8 slices bacon
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/4 to 1/2 cup (coconut) milk
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
• 8 green onions, sliced, divided
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
• Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
• When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl leaving about 1/4 inch of flesh so the potato maintains its shape; save skins. To the potato, flesh add the sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 the green onions, and milk (start adding 1/2 cup of milk but you may not need to add it all depending on the consistency you want. You don’t want them too runny). Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
• Bake for another 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Eat and enjoy!