Cooking Lesson with Denver Nutrition
Denver Nutrition offers a private, in-home one-on-one cooking lesson. If you choose, include your family or a few friends (up to 1-4 participants total); depending on the size of YOUR kitchen space. I will help you plan a “therapeutic menu and meal” to meet the needs of your healthy life. We use clean organic ingredients that contain essential vitamins and nutrients. Learn simple life-long practical skills that will nourish your body and soul.
When you change your food, you change your life. Learn how easy and delicious it is to make healthy food!
In order to eat well, you have to cook well. The cooking lessons are more than just informative and educational.
Cooking IS therapy
- It can be FUN too!
- Learn how to cook.
- Discover tasty new recipes.
- Explore creative, time-saving techniques.
- Understand how to eliminate unhealthy processed foods and include healthful fats and oils in your diet.
- Transform your health by cooking healthy and help your body absorb important nutrients.
What is a “Therapeutic meal”?
- Wahls Paleo
Are you tired of the junk food “rut”?
- Drive Through “food”
- Pre-cooked, packaged frankenfood
- Frozen packaged food
Would you like to learn to cook?
- “First-timer” in the kitchen?
- “Rusty” and want to renew your cooking skills?
Want to eat food that is affordable, healthy, easy, and tastes good too? Join us to cook, eat, and have fun!
- Yes! YOU can cook
- Cooking is fun and easy
- Be proud of your kitchen skills
- Relaxed, fun-filled lessons
- Learn to cook and heal your body with food
What happens in Private In-home Cooking Classes?
Our classes focus on teaching simple and delicious meals and snacks based on vegetables, fruits, beans, nuts, meat, and good fats. We’ll share tips for saving time, cutting costs and having fun making tasty, healthy food that will allow you to heal you and your family will love!
Each Cooking Lesson May Include:
- Cooking Basics
- Basic nutrition education
- Hands-on prep and cooking in YOUR kitchen
- Creating a meal to serve 3-4 people
- Fresh ingredients: Organic local produce
- Grassfed, wild fed meat preparation
- Recipes to share and use at home
- Prepare simple, healthful, delicious food
- Basic cooking equipment and menu plans
- Knife skills, vegetable chopping, and paring
- How to make salads and easy dishes
- Roasting garlic and root vegetables
- How to sauté and roast meats
We are Nutritionists and ongoing researchers of natural health and wellness. Our approach to Nutrition Therapy is simple. A cooking lesson can be fun, easy, and therapeutic. Our goal is to give hope to people suffering from inflammation. We like to share our skills in making eating enjoyable. Especially for those with digestive illnesses. We share recipes that help gain optimal health back through diet and cooking. Our passion for whole food nutrition and health stem from personal experience. We also share our observation of the incredible healing power of quality whole foods. Basics of food and nutrition have always been our FIRST defense on health. Please join us as we share our stories, recipes, and fun cooking in the kitchen!
Debbie Allen, MNT, CHHP
Master Nutrition Therapist
Denver Nutrition, LLC
Adrienne Singleton, CNT
Wholesome Kitchen, LLC
Asian Chicken & Rice Noodle Salad
Roasted Fall Vegetables – Warm Beet & Arugula Salad
Canning Basics: Green beans, peaches, beets, tomatoes
The Beauty of Bone Broth
Roasted Chicken with Fall Vegetables
Lemony Scallion Pilaf w/ Shrimp
Wild Caught Salmon with Arugula Salad
Students will review the nutrition value, learn the latest and safest techniques for preparing and preserving food. All class participants will chop, cook, clean, and acquire cooking techniques to share with their family and friends!
Register for a Cooking Lesson today! CLICK HERE
Lesson Payment and Cancellation Policy
We recommend that you register a month in advance because space is limited to 4. We are not able to hold your date until we receive payment. All orders need to be used within a calendar year from purchase. We will respond after payment received with lesson details to include: Menu, recipes, scheduled date(s).
There is a $20 processing fee for cancellations made 10 or more days before class. Refunds will not be given for cancellations 7 days or fewer before the class. If you cancel at the last minute and are ineligible for a refund, you can apply your payment towards a future cooking class.