Cauliflower Fried Rice
This recipe provides an easy way to lighten up dinner. Cauliflower rice is a low-carb option for rice. Fried rice is a great choice as a side dish for dinner. You can add in some cooked chicken, bacon, or even ground beef or turkey to turn it into a full-on dinner! This cauliflower rice is my go-to to side dish to make those meals feel complete. Give it a try!
1 med. head cauliflower (about 2 ½ pounds), cut into large florets
(Or buy it in the frozen section – all ready to go!)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
1 red bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, cut ¼-inch pieces
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 large bok choy
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 large egg, beaten (I leave this OUT)
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Put half the cauliflower florets into a food processor.
- Pulse until chopped into very small pieces and pour into a bowl. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large, high-sided skillet or wide-bottomed pot.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring until fragrant, for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the red and yellow bell peppers, followed by the chopped cauliflower, bok choy, and soy sauce.
- Cook, stirring often until the vegetables are just tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the scallions, and stir until heated through about 1 minute.
- Make a 5-inch-wide well in the center of the vegetable mix and pour in the beaten egg.
- Use a silicone spatula to combine the vegetables with the egg.
- Fold in the cilantro and serve.