Be Well Be Safe
Eat Well to Be Well – Food as Medicine, Medicine as Food
First of all, now we have time to cook what we want to cook at home. Since we are quarantined, dust off that favorite cookbook and cook some food for you and your family. Here are a few ideas to keep nutrition in check with your recipe choices.
1. Eat a (raw) salad with every meal: This is good insurance to receive the food-based enzymes to naturally break down carbs, fats, and protein.
2. Reduce grains and sugars in your daily diet. Most grains are GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms) Eating organic produce will provide the best nourishment to stay well and healthy.
- Is Roundup the Toxic Chemical That’s Making Us All Sick?
- GMOs Can Devastate Your Bones And Your Health
3. Eat Organic produce, grass-fed meats, and wild-caught fish. Studies show that organic produce has between 18% and 65% more antioxidant compounds than conventional produce. The difference amounts to the antioxidant content of one or two of the five portions of fruits recommended for daily consumption. Organic produce has more polyphenols since, in the absence of pesticides, these compounds protect the plants against attacks from insects and pests. Polyphenols are abundant micronutrients in some foods that have been proven to keep degenerative diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disease, at bay. They have powerful antioxidant properties that stop oxidative stress from resulting in disease.
- Human health implications of organic food and organic agriculture: a comprehensive review
- Elevating Antioxidant Levels in Food through Organic Farming and Food Processing
4. Eat healthy fats: Including olive oil, coconut and coconut oil, avocados, raw nuts, and seeds.
5. Supplement with antioxidants
VitaminC and Vitamin D from your best food sources as well as supplements
Be Well – Additional Lifestyle Options
6. Get the right amount of exercise. When you exercise you increase your circulation and the blood flow throughout your body. The components of your immune system are also better circulated. This means your immune system has a better chance of fighting an illness before it has the opportunity to spread.
7. Avoid smoking and drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. Smoking adds to respiratory challenges. Alcohol is a poison.
- Reduce the risk of lung disease caused by coronavirus by quitting smoking.
- Drinking alcohol could weaken your immune system
8. Address your emotional challenges. Relaxation, meditation.
This may seem like some to be a simple option to stay well and healthy. Meeting with a nutritionist on a regular basis may help you stay on track, as well. Give me a call. I always have the option for phone and Zoom meetings that may be helpful for you to stay on track during this quarantine period.
- Epidemiologist explains why social distancing is the #1 weapon vs COVID-19
- Reasoning COVID-19 – Dr. Mark Force
All these are simple ways to be well
Denver Nutrition, LLC is owned and operated by Debbie Allen, a Functional Nutritionist. Debbie provides services based on credible medical research and scientific evidence. This site offers health, wellness, and nutritional information and is designed for educational purposes only. Please Note: Working with a nutritionist should not and does not take the place of medical advice or care. Before starting any nutrition program, please seek the advice of a medical doctor.
We believe that FOOD is Medicine and Medicine is FOOD.
Hippocrates laid down the foundations for modern medicine in Greece in 400 bc: “Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.” He believed the human body had an innate capacity for self-healing. “First, do no harm…let thy food be thy medicine.” His “Hippocratic Oath” is still recited by health practitioners today. Are you ready to learn more about whole food wellness? Then, you have found the right place! Nothing tastes better than food to provide freedom from pain and live in abundant health. Please contact me with any questions.
Hope, Healing, and Wellness
Debbie believes that healthful eating is within the reach of everyone. We recognize that nutritional and dietary challenges are a challenge with advertising commercials and billboards that tell us otherwise. We work closely with each individual to help develop a healthier, more intuitive, and more sustainable relationship with food. Are you ready to be well? Make a difference in your food choices today.
Denver Nutrition, LLC | Transformation Through Nutrition
Contact Debbie | Services | Food Sensitivity Testing | Meet Debbie