Paleo Diets - What it is and why it may serve me?
A Paleo diet is a lifestyle to alter the health issues most of us encounter, when we have long-lasting "allergies" or "sensitivities" to eating most proceessed foods. The Paleo lifestyle of dieting is a way of eating whole foods that are minimally processed and full of vitamins and micro-nutrients.
Paleo meals can help calm inflammation. Inflammation is the leading cause of today's most dangerous ailments. Inflammation is like a small, on-going fire in the body, you may not even be aware of it except for unexplained aches and pains. The foods included in the Paleo diet meet the genetic requirements of the human body for nutrient absorption and a healthy immune system.
And, unfortunately, our SAD (Standard American Diet) diets contribute to these "small fires" that cause us so much discomfort. Because our diets are working against us in the fight to stay healthy, inflammation is reaching pandemic levels.
If you are already saavy in your kitchen and like to cook, you will love cooking Paleo-style.
This is the food pyramid that best fits paleo meals.
What Can I Eat?
Real food. Organic, free range and wild caught - will now be a part of your vocabulary when grocery shopping.
- meat – beef, pork, lamb, goat, bacon, emu, kangaroo, veal, bison
- poultry – chicken, turkey, pheasant, quail, duck, goose
- wild game – elk, deer, boar, bear, rabbit
- fish – salmon, trout, bass, snapper, tilapia, tuna
- seafood – clams, crabs, shrimp, crawfish, lobster, oysters
Vegetables and Fruits
- Vegetables – leafy greens, carrots, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, celery, onions, eggplant, asparagus, peppers, cauliflower, squash
- Fruits – bananas, apples, berries, melons, peaches, mangoes, lemons, limes, oranges
- coconut oil, avocado oil, nut oil, olive oil, ghee
Food to Avoid "List"
Most items listed here have been shown to cause inflammation in the body, trigger immune response reactions, or are hard for the body to digest.
- Grains – wheat, corn, oats, cereal, corn syrup, bread, pasta
- Dairy – milk, yogurt, ice cream, cheese, butter, non-dairy creamer, margarine
- Sugar and sweeteners – soft drinks (regular or diet), fruit juices, artificial or processed sweeteners, sugar, candy
- Legumes – soy, beans (except green and yellow beans), peas, peanuts, lentils, tofu
- Vegetables and Seed Oils
- Processed Foods – lunch meat, hot dogs, cookies, crackers (basically anything packaged - because it's processed)
- Alcohol – beer, whiskey, rum, vodka, mixers
Paleo Cookbook List
My favorite cookbooks following mostly paleo-style cooking. This is a short list. There are many websites also supporting paleo cooking and meal plans.
Are you not too busy or not prepared to cook yet?
Here are a few companies that actually prepare foods, to be delivered to your home to help you heal the inflammation.
Are you ready to learn HOW to cook Paleo?
I can teach you how to cook Paleo meals in your kitchen.
Good health begins with taking responsibility for our own body.
Contact Me Now to Begin Your Transformation.
If you have questions or need more information:
Call: 303-782-4842 (MTN)
Copyright © 2017
Design & Hosting by WebDeb, Inc.